Week 8 Reading and Writing

 Looking Back

    Overall I have enjoyed the reading and writing assignments a lot. One thing I appreciate about the structure of this course is that it encourages creativity and cognition which is not something that is common in college; a lot of courses are solely about retaining the information and getting a grade. I don't love the organization of my blog, but I'm overall very happy with how my project website has turned out so far. I like how each story is interconnected through the narrator and is relatable to the audience- I was skeptical about the second-person point of view but it seems to have gone well so far and helped submerge the reader. In terms of accomplishment, I think my writing skills have improved quite a bit. Towards the beginning, I was scared to use dialogue but I've become a lot more comfortable with it now and have incorporated it into my storybook for the majority of the posts. My favorite reading this year has been Ramayana- I loved the mythical aspects of it as well as the great storyline. I have a passion for learning about other cultures and the Ramayana is one of the most famous Indian stories so I was very excited to read it and I learned a lot from it. The reading notes I have been taking have been helpful because for my storytelling I take the major plot elements and twist them into my version of the story, so doing mostly important plot summary and character details have worked well. 

Looking Forward 

    In the future, I would like to be a bit more organized and prepared with my work, but that is less of a fault in my work and more of a fault in my organizational tendencies this semester. If I manage my time more effectively I will be able to tell stories that are more detailed and also research more for my storybook. 

Dasaratha and Kausalya from Ramayana- The image depicts the king and queen. I chose this image because I love how vibrant the colors are and also the traditional clothing and garments of Indian culture are beautiful. 
Source: Asia society


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 7 Story: The Tiger King