Microfiction: Adam and Eve


IDMB: Adam and Eve The Movie
God created the earth, and on the sixth day, he decided to create man. God created Adam, and he was perfect, so from Adam God created Eve so that he would have a companion. Adam named all the animals of the Earth, and when God brought him to heaven, the angels praised him and treated him and eve like royalty. An angel did not want to praise him, so he was expelled from heaven. The same angel tricked Adam and Eve from eating from the sacred tree of life in the Garden of Eden. They were banished from the garden.

Basically Adam and Eve
God created Earth and man and ordered them to not eat from the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. A snake told them to eat from the tree and they did, so they were banished. 

Adam and Eve
Source: New York Times

Author's Note
I chose to do the story that I read this week to base my microfiction off of, and it was Adam and Eve! I essentially did a brief plot summary with important details for the first story, and then cut it down even further to make a two-sentence story with only the plot essentials. 

Comments

  1. Hi Sidney! Your retelling of the story is so neat! I like the first version, but I also think it's really interesting how you were able to break it down to only two sentences in the second version. It gives me flashbacks to middle school and writing precise pieces, but it's really fun to see how someone can so easily summarize the key elements of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sidney! I thought it was very creative that you chose to do a description of Adam and Eve like it would be for a movie! It was interesting to hear the story of Adam and Eve in just a few sentences. I personally really liked learning about microficiton, sometimes it can be hard to read a long story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sidney, your choice in story was clever since, realistically, the story of Adam and Eve can be condensed like you've done. Likewise, doing a brief plot summary helps if there are those that do want a little more detail. Also, I just enjoy reading microfictions because I feel like they encompass the author's personal style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sidney! From the start I was intrigued that you chose to do a microstory. I think it worked well! I definitely think this format would be great for getting the main idea of a lot of different stories very quickly. Great job condensing the material, I hope I can read more similar to this and maybe use this style in some of my own work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 7 Story: The Tiger King